Granola fruit tart
If you are looking for a special light healthy breakfast, this granola mini tarts recipe will be a perfect choice, they look beautiful mouthwatering,also healthy and so easy to make :)
These tartlets have a similar crunch to the Nature Valley granola bars, but way much more healthier. They are edible bowls (crusts) that you can filled with anything you desire! PLUS, they are gluten-free with no sugar! what else one can ask for! :)
The granola crust is a simple blend of rolled oats, sesame seeds, chopped walnuts, Chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and melted coconut oil. The filling is very simple with no fat Greek yogurt, Other great options are coconut yogurt, or just a classic custard would be so delicious if you are making these as desserts.
This will be a nice brunch idea that is also healthy, practically some granola, yoghurt and fruit, but much more prettier! So go nuts, use whatever fruits are in season and enjoy.
Now will leave you with the full recipe,Enjoy! الوصفة باللغة العربية اضغط هنا
Granola fruit Tarts with Yogurt
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup walnuts finely chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
5 tablespoons coconut oil melted (or melted butter)
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
2 cups greek yogurt
3 cups mixed fruit for topping, ( I used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and dragon fruit).
- Pre-heat oven to 170C
- Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, melted oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon together in a bowl until well coated.
- Press about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into greased mini tart pans. Use the back of an oiled spoon to help press the granola evenly across the pan and up the sides.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Immediately after you remove the tart crusts from the oven, use the back of the spoon to press down the centers of the crust , and push up the sides. The shell puffs up in the oven, so it helps to reshape the crust after it bakes while still hot.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing. Use a small knife to gently release the sides of the crust, working around each side, then very carefully remove it from the pan, turning over if needed into your hand. The crust should be crisp on the sides and hold together, but will be delicate.
- Add spoonfuls of the yoghurt mixture into each tart and top with desired fruits!
Bon Appétit :)
* The baked granola crusts can be stored for up to a day before in an airtight container.
* Make sure to use old-fashioned rolled oats. Do not use quick cooking or instant oats because they will not retain a sturdy and crunchy granola tart structure after combined with other liquid ingredients.
* Recipe was adabted from http://www.jessicagavin.com/blog