Baked Sweet Potato Kibbeh
This vegan Sweet Potato Kibbeh follows a classic method in preparing other kibbeh kinds, it is slightly wetter in consistency if compared to the ones made with regular potatoes, but the addition of flour will absorb the excess moisture.
It bakes up wonderfully, and the turned out a beautiful golden color!
addition of Paprika complement the sweetness in flavor, little cumin and black pepper as well will finish it up :) Amazing recipe that I was very glad trying it after searching too much over the net. As this recipe post was adapted from landandFlovors blog.
Sweet potato kibbeh is a keeper for all vegetarians!
Will leave you with the full recipe, Enjoy! :)
الوصفة باللغه العربية اضغط هنا
Baked Sweet Potato kibbeh
1 kg of sweet potatoes
1 cups fine bulgur wheat (sometimes labeled as #1)
1 medium onion cut in very small pieces
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup flour
¼ cup olive oil
- To cook the sweet potatoes, you have to bake them in the oven till they are tender and soft, in the mean time, prepare the bulgur by soaking it in lukewarm water for 20 minutes, then drain it in a sieve to get rid of excess water. keep a side.
- Prepare your baking pan (12 inch) by adding 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Mash the sweet potatoes with a masher until smooth.
- Transfer drained bulgur to a very large bowl add the mashed potatoes, onion, salt, cumin, paprika , black pepper, garlic, and flour.
- Combine everything thoroughly with a large spatula.
-Spread Kibbeh dough evenly in the pan. Use a your hands to spread the dough evenly over the entire surface.
- Use a sharp knife to cut shapes (or any pattern you like) into it, going almost all the way through.
- Evenly pour the ¼ cup of olive oil over the entire surface of the kibbeh and swirl it around to coat.
- Bake for around 40- 50 minutes or until it is golden brown. you can use oven broiler for 1 minute to brown the kibbeh surface if it was not brown enough.
- Remove from oven, and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt and Arabic Salad.
Bon Appétit! :)
** Recipe Inspired from LandsandFlavors.com