Red velvet cake with cream cheese
I have always thought that red velvet cake is the right romantic cake for all special occasions, a lovely reddish in color with a moist texture and rich in flavor!
This cream cheese stuffed red velvet cake is a perfection, you will enjoy every bite! :)
easy to make and can be done the night before and store in your fridge, it will still be moist and tasty :)
will leave you with the full recipe, Enjoy :) الوصفة باللغة العربية اضغط هنا
Red Velvet cake with cream cheese
For the Red Velvet Cake:
2½ cups flour
1.5 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 Tablesp cocao sifted powder
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tablesp red liquid food coloring
For the cream cheese filling :
225gm cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 Tablesp flour
- Beat your cream cheese in a large bowl until soft. Add in the sugar an beat till light and creamy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients for your cake in a large bowl; flour sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- In another bowl whisk together your buttermilk, oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla.
- Slowly pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add in your food coloring, and carefully fold into the batter
- Pour 3 cups of your cake batter into a greased bundt cake pan
- Spoon the cream cheese filling over the batter carefully.
- Carefully spoon remaining batter over the top of the cream cheese mixture
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely and serve with a cup of tea!
Bon Appétit :) * recipe obtained from Like mother like daughter