It's Spring time here In UAE where I live, a best time for some refreshing sweetness that shall please our taste buds! don't you think so?! :) Here is a delicate classy cold dessert that I choose to prepare using fresh Mango!
A soft rich mango mousse bottom layer, that is topped with a classic vanilla Panna cotta layer from top, that combination of 2 desserts in one came out with a super delicious flavors notes at the end . A real delightful dessert for Mango lovers. :)
I chose to prepare my mousse in a sunflower/silicone mold shape, a new idea for serving mousse and Panna Cotta desserts which are usually served in glasses :)
My family loved this combination and really enjoyed the fresh taste :)
So, enough talking and let's get to the recipe! :)
Mango mousse with Panna Cotta topping
الوصفة باللغة العربية اضغط هنا
for the Panna Cotta layer we need :
180 ml whole milk
200 ml heavy cream
1.1/2 teaspoons Unflavored Gelatin powder
1/4 cup cold milk to soften the gelatin in.
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla.
For the Mango Mousse we need :
1 fresh medium size mango,puree using a food processor .
2 packets mango jello flavor.
1/2 cup hot water
200 ml heavy whipping cream chilled.
3 tablespoons sugar .
* I lightly grease my silicon mold with a very little amount of oil, so it's easy to unmold the dessert.
- First for the panna cotta layer pour 1/4 cup cold milk and sprinkle the gelatin powder over then let set for 5 minutes until gelatin has softened.
- In a medium saucepan combine heavy cream,sugar,and the 180ml whole milk together, stir well tell sugar has dissolved.
- Heat cream mixture over medium heat fire, and bring to a simmer,but do not let it boil. Turn heat of, add in softened gelatin and stir well to completely dissolve.
- Add vanilla, and stir. Pour Panna Cotta in a silicon mold , allow to cool down to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, start preparing Mango mousse, dissolve Mango jello powder in 1/2 cup hot water,stir well to completely dissolved, allow to cool down at room temperature. - Take heavy cream in a chilled bowl,add sugar and whip cream to soft peaks. (it is always better to keep the bowl and whip hook in freezer for 30 minutes before use) .
- Add mango puree and fold gently with a spatula , don't use electric mixer at this step.
- Add Mango jello and fold just to combine. Once mixed well, pour the mousse over Panna cotta layer and refrigerate again for minimum 3 hours to set completely.
- After it is set, unmold gently in a serving plate and enjoy the yumminess!
Bon Appétit :)