Fig honey Cake
Figs are in season now!! So, I am excited to bake something sweet and to come up with a recipe with figs being the hero! It is a great use of figs :)
Ripe figs should be soft and fragrant, and when you cut into them, the flesh should be juicy and vibrant.
So, I thought a fresh fig cake would sound perfect!
It's moist with a sturdy texture and pleasant, subtle fig flavor. Flavored with cinnamon, and vanilla.
A whipped cream and drizzle of honey is added to echo flavors inside the cake, and grind pistachios are sprinkled on top :)
My Husband usually, enjoy eating it with coffee for breakfast at the early mornings, saying its a yummy dish to start his day with!
Now for the recipe,
الوصفة باللغه العربيه اضغط هنا
Fresh Fig honey cake :
For the cake
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 - 10 ripe figs, stems removed and chopped
whipped cream and honey for topping
some grind Pistachios for garnish and color enhancing
- Preheat an oven to 170 C, and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Grease a 21 or 22cm (8 or 9 inch) cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar to a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, butter, vanilla extract to a small bowl, whisking to combine.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Stir in the chopped figs.
- Pour cake batter into prepared cake baking pan, smooth the surface using the back of a spoon and bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 170 C.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack, and let cook for 10 minutes. Gently tap the pan on the counter to release the cake. Turn the cake out on to the cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, decorate with whipped cream and drizzle with some honey, add pistachios for garnish. serve with tea or Coffee :)
Bon Appétit :)
* recipe adapted from http://www.kitchenkonfidence.com/
#Figs #figcake #honey #baking #freshfigs #whippedcream #cinnamon