Chocolate/Coffee Flan Cake
Flan is traditionally a sweet caramel custard served chilled for dessert. This Cocao Flan is more than JUST flan, it’s got a super moist cake that is on the bottom flavored with a mix of both chocolate and coffee!
This dessert is known in Mexico as the “Impossible Flan” because the layering of a cake with a flan in one dessert looks impossible to achieve. And the Variation of a popular Mexican dessert–an almost magical cake that separates into distinct layers of cake and flan, reversing layers during baking.
I have always wanted to make this recipe for my family, as they like both chocolate and Flan desserts, so I thought a combination of both in a cake would be a great idea and they are going to love it!
So for this cake, first you’re going to want to caramelize some sugar and pour it into your bundt pan, then swirl it around to coat the sides.Then you have to prepare the chocolate cake batter, then pour it over the caramel. At last, you will prepare the flan mixture, and pour it over the cake batter in your pan.
And let the Magic begins! :)
The cake batter and the flan mixture will be layered in the pan, but will magically switch places during baking. When you unmold the dessert, the flan will be on top and the cake on the bottom.
And “voila” ! delicious, super-moist chocolate, caramel flan in a cake is ready to be eaten! Someone hand me a fork plz :)
Will leave you with the full recipe, Enjoy!
الوصفة باللغه العربية اضغط هنا
Chocolate Coffee Flan Cake
½ cup sugar
3 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
For the Chocolate cake :
1/2 cup vegetable oil
¾ cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup Instant coffee
For Flan Mixture :
200 gm cream cheese
395 gm canned sweetened condensed milk
410 gm canned evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and place prepared bundt pan in the center of a large baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and lemon juice over medium-high heat. While stirring consistently, cook sugar mixture until it caramelizes to a deep rich brown color, approximately 5 minutes.Pour caramelized sugar into prepared bundt pan. Set aside.
- Stir together sifted flour, sifted cocoa, baking soda, baking powder salt. Set aside.
- In a Separate large bowl mix together eggs and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 3 minutes till you get a light fluffy mixture, add in oil and keep mixing for 2 minutes.
- Add flour mix in portions to egg mixture alternating with buttermilk and coffee liqueur. Mix until well blended. Don't over mix . Spread batter evenly into prepared Bundt pan.
- To prepare Flan : first beat the cream cheese to softened ,add the eggs and keep mixing for half a minute, add in sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla, mix to combine them all together.
- Slowly pour over cake batter, set Bundt pan in roasting pan and add about an inch of hot water to roasting pan to create a water bath. Bake one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Remove Bundt pan from water bath and let cool about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Invert a large rimmed serving platter over pan and flip to un mold. Cool at room temperature about an hour then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving .
Bon Appétit :)