Turkish Delight Cheesecake
A traditional cheesecake recipe with a delicious twist , by adding the sweet Turkish delight and rosewater with a pinch of dried edible rose petals for some exotic flavours.
There are several types of Turkish delight (lokum). I chose the a plain red rose water flavor and decided to make cheesecake with it, the result was amazing! your taste buds will be pleased, I can guarantee that ! :)
Here is my slice of this yumminess ;)
Here's the recipe! Enjoy
الوصفة باللغة العربية اضغط هنا
Turkish Delight Cheesecake :
160gm plain biscuit (I used Digestive brand) Grind
45gm butter melted
For the filling :
400gm cream cheese
150g (Turkish delight) cut into small cubes .
125gm thick cream (table cream)
1/2 cup whipped cream (whipped and cold)
2.5 teaspoons gelatin powder dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon rose water
1/4 cup edible dried rose petals grind
pink food color (optional)
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the butter, pour in a cheesecake spring form pan (20cm) ,press with a spoon put in the refrigerator.
- In a Mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer tell it get creamy and soft. Add thick table cream and mix until completely homogeneous.
- Add the cold whipped cream , rose water, dried rose petals, food color and stir well with a spatula.
- Add dissolved gelatin, stir.
- Add delight cubes and mix with spatula. Pour the mixture into cheese cake pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve cold , Bon Appétit :)